alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Foreplay - Sophie Jordan

This book was just a pleasure to read.  The story, the lovelines and characters were all gorgeous.  I felt myself pushed towards a wall, pulled to the floor as my emotions were laid bare.  I tallied up double digits of 'what's wrong?' and 'why are you smiling?' whilst reading this story.

Pepper is endearingly awkward.  A girl on a mission to get her unrequited love; she might feel 'unqualified' to even be a contender but she's not going to let that stop her.  Whether you classify this as an underdog story or modern age Cinderella, Sophie Jordan creates a girl that you can't help rooting for. You want her to have her cake and eat it too.

Enter Reece and she unwittingly becomes part of a "friendship caught on fire."  It pretty much follows the rest of that Bruce Lee quote too.

However Sophie Jordan writes each character so well, full of mystery, back stories and present woes that you want them to all win.  You can't help but root for Hunter too - even if for the sake of Pepper's long held desire.  She's deft with wit and eloquence too.

Highly recommended NA book.