alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
The Girl in 6E - A.R. Torre

Another book I bought because of the cover (and title.)  However I stayed for Deanna/Jessica. Exceptionally interesting characterization; intriguing & bewitching.  It sounded like erotica to me but gave me other kind of thrills.  Torre is adept at keeping the tension high and I found myself finishing this book quickly (cursing myself that I started on a weekday and not a weekend so I could breeze through it.) I found myself rushing to get into bed at night just to read on.

Good use of subplots and secondary characters for Deanna to bounce off even though she isolates herself.  I would agree with other reviewers that you shouldn't read this book expecting romance.  It's just not that kind of book.  It's not the other kind which has lots of smut either, hehe.  It about Jessica, her compulsion to kill, her isolation, and how life pushes her to connect with it even though she fears it might just bring out the worst in her.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and Torre has created a beautiful, wonderful characterization that you just can't predict.  Highly recommended.