alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Beauty and the Bad Boy (Bad Boy #1) - Scarlett Dupree

This was the first adult book I read (conveniently ignores her browser history of smutty fanfic) and I enjoyed it.  Not just for the obvious reasons, but aside from the steamy scenes, there as a whole load of plot, violence and mystery.  The biker gang background to all Jake and Dakota interactions definitely heightened the tension.  However though the plot serves as a skeleton for the story, the main body is definitely their emotions, which are always set to a guarded, smouldering burn.  They're a hot couple no doubt but I have to state that it's Dakota that stole my heart.  Excellent strong characterization that could actually hold her own against the alpha male Jake.

Scarlett Dupree writes well, and structures her plot well so that there's enough to keep you guessing but not agonizingly slow so that you stop caring.  My only complaint would be that she should hire herself a better editor, but nothing that ruined my overall enjoyment of the book.  I would definitely recommend this to fans of this genre.