alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Uninvited - Sophie Jordan

*spoilerish*

This was an awesome concept and Sophie Jordan delivers.  She captures perfectly that vulnerability and frustration of being told by people what you are, what your future will be before you get a chance to grow, or let it unfold.  It's about judgement when you haven't done anything wrong but sadly and scarily, about beginning to believe other people, about the beginnings of doubt.  Sophie Jordan works through the issues beautifully and I wasn't disappointed in Davy or the way she handled herself.  She never loses sense of who she knows herself to be.  She looks to reality when all else look to 'theory.'  Individuals are smart but groups are stupid, we all know that but when you see that group mentality in action it's horrid.

Sean is a wonderful characterization.  Though he might not have started life as 'what have you got James Dean' rebellion kind of guy he's kind of ended up there. Part indignation and part determination, he pulled me straight in.  I love the easy dynamic between them too.

There's a sequel to this book but thankfully there isn't any cliffhanger, also the end is highly satisfying.