alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Angelfall  - Susan Ee

I really enjoyed reading this book.  The pace is fast, peppered with wry humour.  Susan Ee is a talented writer, well able to create a fantastical world that magnificently holds a good plot with intricacies.  I'm grateful for a lead character, Penryn that is smart.  I love that's she is prepared.  She's been brought up ready for the worst and that makes her a contender, not just brave.  And Susan has created the perfect mysterious, conflicted companion for Penryn in Raffe.  He's not just cocky and aloof but has the streak of rebellion that complements Penryn so much.  Coming from a Supernatural background, I was worried if I'd be able to differentiate the politics of this Angel world, but Susan Ee has created her own world, which is full of uncertainty so that you don't feel like you know what's coming.  It's dark enough to make you fear the worst, which is wonderful.

I'm definitely going to be following this series and this book is highly recommended.