alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
The Assassin and the Princess - Sarah J. Maas

*spoilerish* for people who know me and can read between the lines.

I loved the next book in this series more but I gave this four stars too because Sarah Maas captures your attention perfectly through creating a detailed world where everything seems so harsh, especially the people.  However as you look closer you see their passion in the manner they chose to fight instead of just lying down and letting the world trample all over them.  I respected that.  The two that form the love lines for Celaena are pleasant enough but I think (or hope) that their characterizations will get more meaty as the plot thickens. This really is setting the scene for the next books but it's detailed and engaging.  I think it also eloquently presents Celaena's motive for everything here on in: freedom.  Though I fear she will be burdened with commitments and responsibilities that despite herself she fulfils, she longs for freedom and that guarded yearning pierces my heart.  Wonderful read and I highly recommend the series.