alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
With You - Nashoda Rose

*spoilerish*

With all the love and hate for the next in this series, torn from you, I had that book on my radar for a while. Having read the synopsis and a few other reviews, I decided against it because the lead female character didn't seem to inspire me.  However there was a niggling doubt at the back of my mind that I didn't give Nashoda a fair chance so I decided to read this short prequel.  I'm so glad that I did.  It is beautifully written, the words flow eloquently and Nashoda has her own unique beautiful style. I enjoyed the characterizations and felt drawn to them but more than anything is was Nashoda's words that pulled me along, so that I was at the end before I even registered that I had begun.  Emily and Sculpt engender feelings of something epic, in the line of doomed lovers that you can't help but cheer for.  I would have given the book four stars but deducted half a point for the cliffhanger at the end. I don't mind cliffhangers, if done right with a good balance of satisfaction and mystery, but this one was just too huge to ignore. It jarred so that I don't think this book should stand alone.

As for torn from you, I'm still not convinced if reading it is a good idea but this prequel was able to get me to put torn from you onto my 'must eventually read' list.  I would definitely recommend this book.