alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Nomad - R.J. Anderson

*spoilerish* for people who know me and can read between the lines.

I loved Swift and was apprehensive as I opened this book, but by the end of the first chapter I knew that I wasn't going to be disappointed. Ivy continues to be a great characterization, which Anderson develops beautifully.  I particularly relate to her stubborn nature, which complements her courage well.  This book actually brought me over to Martin's side too, despite his self indulgent style but Anderson weaves a wonderful story arc for him, which brings him to a point of redemption.  I loved all their interactions, which endeared me more to each character.

I loved how Anderson unravels the blood histories through visions, and she continues to create a fantastical world that is enchanting.  However her talent really shines in making you care about her characterizations.  I love their determination, steadfastness and strength. This story isn't about emoting but conquering.  Above all else, I would say this book is about strength and for people living through difficulties, this book is a joy and comfort. In a time when needs override principles, I love seeing how strong Ivy is in her conviction despite all the setbacks.

Highly recommended, as are all of Anderson's other books.