alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare

*sigh* the trilogy I wished they had filmed... *spoilerish* for people that know me and can read between the lines

I think the driving force of my excitement for this book was wanting to understand Will's temperamental behaviour.  He's pretty much a jerk throughout this book, but Cassandra Clare cleverly leaves hints for you to pick on, and pick apart as to why he is the way he is. I don't believe anyone is born a monster and so love stories about character development and redemption. Unfortunately this book doesn't have so much of that and really is just act one of disliking people as we crash against their masks, facade and abrasive edges.

Excellent group of side characters along with the main characters, fully developed so that they don't feel like padding.

I loved the main character, Tessa.  I felt as though I was taking the journey of self-discovery along with her.  Good mixture of mystery, common sense and soul searching rather than just being swept along a tumultuous adventure. Although she's strong to begin with, I do love how much more aggressive she becomes in belief in herself.

Beautifully crafted world, with characters I could easily relate to, easy read, hard to put down and would definitely recommend to people who love YA genre.