alittlefaith

a little faith's bookshelf

I lost touch with books for about a decade because of life but thankfully I am able to return to this beautiful world. Eclectic mix from YA to erotica. I blame fanfic.

The Making of Asian America: A History
Erika Lee
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

*spoilerish* for people that know me and can read between the lines.

Definitely the best of the series and just because we end on a high note I think Tahereh Mafi actually redeems the first three too.  I enjoyed the self-referential character development. Juliette finally grows a spine and I love it.  Having hated Warner for all of the first book in the series, I actually began rooting for him, though maybe subconsciously I'd been doing that the whole time, never being on Adam's side and only seeing him as a different kind of 'burden.'  Tahereh Mafi indulgent style continues and you either hate it or love it (or tolerate it).  She focuses a lot on feelings as opposed to action and coming off reading divergent trilogy, it was actually quite refreshing change in pace.  For that reason I wouldn't recommend it for people that hate love triangles and 'emoting.'  Kenji (or the reason I stuck around for the first three books) was as awesome as ever.

However I would have liked there to be more exposition on the origin of the powers, backstory etc.

Oh and the cover is beautiful once again which makes my library all that much more pretty.  Not that I buy books just for the covers...well not always.